My mind is still chewing over a few things. Deadline related - a block swap, and a baby quilt. No deadline - the treadle sewing machines I want to get working. Excited about all of them! Time to sit down and you know, DO them.
In getting-rid-of-sewing-machine-news: Fortunately the hand crank my sister requested is ready for her. A new needle screw (Thanks Cap'n!) was all I needed. It was hilarious. I gave her a tour of my sewing machine collection, and she was obviously bored half way through. So I said "I can tell you're bored, but I'm gonna finish." She waited, and then pointed at 'The Commander' - he's been mentioned here before - and said "I'll take that one."
(To be fair, I had previously offered one to her and then one to my niece. She'd just said no thanks!)
Took a road strip to Seattle, WA for the Treadle On Gathering and Academy - which was all about the food, fun, socializing, and sewing machines! It was fantastic and I met so many nice folks. Enablers abounded! I brought home a pink and grey Brother. *swoon*
I'm incorrigible.
No comments:
Post a Comment