Saturday, April 2, 2011

Organization.

I'd planned on listing things as either 'UFOs' - unfinished objects, or 'FOs' - finished objects. Here on this blog, in my brain, on my 'to do' list... It doesn't feel so clean cut at the moment - more like a continuum. I've been moving things, tidying up, and trying to organize. The fabric, quilt-planning, and sewing machine herd were spreading out all over the house. Can't have that! Well, I could but it wouldn't be fair to the spouse and two puppies I share the house with. Plus it was driving me nuts.

Nine of the sewing machines are out in the garage. Five are indoors. The work-space is ready with the tools, parts, and bench set to go. Two of the machines are in the process of being cleaned up inside, so once that's done and they're put back together I can move them out to the garage. Dusty, the Singer 99 I'd grown pretty fond of, is now 're-homed' with my dear friend. But I did buy a Tailor Made 15 clone today, ooooh. I like 15s.

The fabric, notions, and whatnots need to go back to their spaces in the shelves and closets, if I'm not making a quilt right yet. I'd wanted to do a monochromatic quilt for the MQG competition Project Modern, but didn't find a design I liked. I did play with string piecing, which was a lot of fun, but it just didn't work well with the color scheme. I'm a bit bummed, but I'll still make a quilt with those fabrics. Perhaps with a published/more traditional pattern.

To sum up:
Tidying up - Yeah!
Giving away a sewing machine - Yeah!
Getting another sewing machine - Oh Myyyyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment