I love that descriptor for a collection of sewing machines. But then I do tend to anthropmorphize things I'm quite fond of. Clean up hard-worn, neglected sewing machines is almost meditative, and I really enjoy it.
Here's 'Moose', a Morse that needs a few parts and to be rewired before I can get him going.
And here is Franklin, a Montgomery Ward machine who began his life as a well-used guy in a no-nonsense treadle but was later converted to electric with a jarring-blue electric motor. I love the scarab decals.
A New Home that needs to be rewired. I'm excited to try out a knee control, since this one is in a cabinet. Came with parts and bobbins galore, so should get on it!
A Singer 301 that I'm sort of mad at. But it's sort of my fault, too. It came in a case and smells FUNKY. Needs a very good cleaning and airing out. Runs, and can't wait to try the slant-buttonholer I found in a 'Jetson' container.




No comments:
Post a Comment