Cleaning up this Universal, Model KZB De Luxe Zig Zag machine. I made a sweet tote bag with her using this tutorial for a birthday gift, which was quite easy. I am most proud of the handles, since I didn't have the length of fabric needed and piecing them together made it scrappy-er.
My posts are lacking photos. Let's try to remedy that with some phone pix.
My PPT, Pretty Pink Thing
The crown, it slays me every time. I'm very enamored of this machine. I saw a video of someone using this same model and they did some 'free form' stitching, using the zig zag and varying the stitch width as it sewed, in order to make some cool designs. I wouldn't have thought of that! Very creative.
My SIL enjoys homemade things, and she used the tote bag right away. I'm very 'awe shucks', but actually super-thrilled. Really glad she likes it, but even if it ended up a grocery bag that'd be awesome - it's washable and fun. Should I tell my secret about the boo boo? Hrm, like I can keep a secret! I didn't measure the lining correctly (an unbleached muslin), and it was smaller than the bag. So I put a small pleat in the center panel on each side of the bag, and viola - they together nicely. I top stitched it together with a plain seam in lavender.
I am in a swap to make one of these bags, but completely sewn on a 'people powered' sewing machine. That means I have deadline to get either a treadle or a handcrank up and working. Good. I'm motivated by deadlines.



No comments:
Post a Comment